· I remember a discussion with one of my friend on how beautiful girls and average looking girls think differently and how men perceive them. He said that average looking girls don’t flirt around much because they know that they are just average looking and if they flirt around then that can hamper their reputation. On the other hand, beautiful girls are more in demand and even if they flirt around still they will get loads of proposals at their doorstep.
· Secondly, average looking girls are easy to approach and have no hang ups. On the contrary, beautiful girls are surrounded by many offers after all beauty rules. Thirdly, average looking girls are less demanding and are willing to compromise. They are satisfied with what they have, unlike beautiful girls who crave for more materialistic things and never compromise with anything.
· Average girls are more caring not like beautiful girls who are self obsessed with their looks and makeup. And in the end he said most of all average girls are more committed to the relationship than beautiful girls. Therefore, men feel more secured with average looking girls because beautiful girls are surrounded by more offers all the time.
· My reaction to my friend :- First and the foremost thing is that it’s ridiculous to categorize beautiful girls Vs Average Looking Girls . Every girl is beautiful in her own way. There is no point in differentiating between "so called" Average Looking Girls and Beautiful Girls. But still I would like to share my response to my friend who raised this conversation. Firstly, What girls think and how they think has nothing to do with their outer beauty. Every girl has different opinions, thoughts, values, dreams, wants and desires. It has nothing to do with their personality.
· Both average looking girls and beautiful girls look for a loving partner who is loyal, caring and responsible towards his family. If any girl chooses to flirt around and have a time pass affair then it’s entirely because of the kind of choice, outlook she has towards life and relationships. You can’t judge anyone just based on what kind of choices they make in life.
· And as far as commitments and compromises are concerned, again it depends on your perspective towards life. If a girl is in love with some guy then all the 3 C’s will come naturally. (Compromises, Commitments, Care ). You can win any girls heart and be with her for rest of your life only if your love is unconditional. Therefore, it’s absurd to think that men feel more secured with average looking girls than beautiful girls.
· I want to share one more incident. There is one uncle who once was talking to my brother about this wedding he attended. He was like the wedding was organized beautifully and the girl’s family spend a lot of money in organizing the event. Then after a while he went to the extent of saying – No matter how much they spend and have entertained their guests in the most lavish way BUT BUT The girl was not beautiful at all. The minute he said that I raised my eyebrows and said that it’s completely presumptuous to have an opinion like that. What difference it’s going to make whether the girl is average looking or beautiful.
· He questioned me “for you what matters?” I said all that matters is the nature of the girl. He smiled sarcastically and said “I know they had to spend a lot on the wedding because their daughter was not beautiful” I was disgusted with his statement and said I guess for you marriage is just a business deal. You will choose a proposal based on how much money you can make. I gave him a sickened expression and just walked away. I guess in today’s time men don’t just run for beauty. May be its different when it’s just for time pass affair or dating then it’s a different case. But when it comes to a long term commitment then men need more than just beauty. Irrespective of what I have written above still you will find thousands of marriage proposals stating " Extremely Beautiful, Fair, Slim, Working and Rich Girl Wanted! Am I Right? All I can say that those men who think like this don’t deserve to be your partner. And those men who blame their family that they will find a proposal for them – then they are not capable of taking a stand of their own. So how can any girl entrust her whole life to this kind of man?