Have you ever wondered how similar our journey of life is in certain ways?
- All of us have experienced Hurt in relationships , still life moves on leaving behind the feeling of bitterness , hurt and resentment. Later we end up labeling it a failed relationship . Not many people come in terms with the hurt of the past relationship and that may result in depression. In other cases it can cause fear in your mind of not trusting anyone. Either you feel incapable of maintaining a relationship or you are too scared to get hurt all over again.
- One thing on which all of us would agree is that relationships help us grow in life, no matter you had a failed relationship or have a very fulfilling relationship. Thus, would it be right to label relationships as failed or successful? In my opinion it’s important to first come in terms with your past relationship hurt. In most of the cases we move on with life but find it hard to forgive or forget. Majority of us struggle hard to forgive, and if you have not forgiven someone then it’s impossible to forget the hurt of your past relationship.
- Majority of us find it hard to forgive; indeed it’s not easy to inculcate a forgiving nature. I myself have struggled to forgive some people in my life who have deeply hurt me. Then I wonder may be forgetting those people will help me in eliminating those distressful memories. As a result it may help me curb my anger towards those people. But unfortunately I have not been successful in either forgetting or forgiving and as a result it’s severely affecting my peace of mind.
- After all it’s not easy to forget the hurt, some people say time is the biggest healer but I kind of disagree. Those people who are forgiving in nature are really blessed in life. I have read and watched many documentaries about forgiveness. But none of them have helped me in anyways.The only help that assists me is Self Help. I have gone through innumerable helpful quotes, verses, inspirational stories or biographies but again of no use. One mindset that helped me to pacify my hurt is to tell myself that relationships help us grow in life. As a result, with time I have become a stronger person, now the way I perceive life and relationships is totally different than the way I used to 10 years ago. Still there is a lot to learn about life in general.
- One can practice introspection of your past relationship that will help you in realizing the mistakes you committed. Every relationship (with your family, spouse, boy friend, girl friend, children and so on) helps you grow in life . If you look back in life and introspect – you will find a change in yourself in comparison to what you were in the past. All of us change with time and some of the main factors of the change in you are relationships. Therefore, if your past broken relationship helped you grow in certain aspects of your life then how can you label it a failed relationship?
The utmost important relationship in life is your relationship with yourself.