- Last night I was coming back from my office on a metro. I noticed one old lady in the other compartment, she was selling band – aids. Then I spotted some young crowd laughing and sharing some jokes.
- The old lady approached the group but startlingly not even a single person from that group even bothered to pay attention to that old lady. I felt like blindfolding every single person from the group and beating them with iron rods.
- Each one of them looked from a decent family and if they had bought one small packet of band-aid that wouldn’t have made a difference to them. But they didn’t. MEAN BASTARDS.
- It’s heartbreaking to notice people who spend lot of money in hanging out at expensive places, buying branded clothes and not even thinking twice before spending money on themselves. But when it comes to spending “few pennies” on needy people they hesitate. It’s completely ridiculous.
- The lady looked so fragile and tired… when you are of that age it becomes hard to even walk but the old lady made an initiative to buy her own living. She could have just begged but I guess she is the woman who has strong self esteem which is quite admirable.
- So coming back to the whole incident, the old lady was quite far away from me and then the train stopped. I had to get down on my station, and luckily the woman also got down on the same station.
- While stepping down at the platform I went to that lady and gave the money “as if I want to buy the band – aidz” She took out the band – aid and offered me. But I said no it’s alright, I kept the band – aid back into her bag.
I just gave her a hug and walked away. Everybody prays to god to fulfill their wishes. But when it comes to doing something for helping someone in need – They just BACK OUT. It’s preposterous…