- How can anyone justify “polygamy” as a religious belief?
- And how can the government re-establish the women who have been the victim of ? In the past the way the government did was taking away all the kids from the polygamy women. Will it resolve the issue??
- Let’s discuss on the ways to eradicate the religious belief which is attached with polygamy. Is Polygamy an excuse to have multiple partners?
- What I understand is that “polygamy is a type of oppression and slavery where children are forced to follow the religious beliefs of polygamy. Young girls get married at an early age to older men. Some are even sexually molested by their own parents. Every single women living in polygamy goes through rape, sexual abuse and as a result their human rights are violated.
- Many Muslim men in the US secretly get married to multiple wives. Why it’s still not being reported? In Africa almost all the women have experienced Polygamy. Why it’s still not reported in the media.
We often think that why these women are not coming forward if they are being victimized. Are they really happy in the kind of environment they are living in? But how can we ignore the fact that there is a possibility that ‘they are quiet because of fear of being taken away from their kids. And most of the polygamy women are too scared to stand against their religious community without any support. Most of the polygamy women are not educated and are dependent on their husbands for financial help.
It’s a high time to stop the perilous practice of polygamy.
CNN LARRY KING –